Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

04 February 2017 Venue The Northern Gas and Power Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews


3 February 2017

All you need to know ahead of Town’s trip to Hartlepool United in Sky Bet League Two tomorrow (3pm).

Darren Way’s side ended their eight-match winless run with an impressive win over high-flying Plymouth Argyle in midweek.

Centre-back pairing Nathan Smith and Alex Lacey grabbed the Glovers’ first goals at Huish Park in the league for nearly two months (thanks to our friends in the Argyle media team for that stat).

It was Town’s first home league game of 2017 and this weekend sees them on their travels again.

Yeovil’s last two away matches have ended in score draws (Wycombe Wanderers (1-1), Blackpool (2-2), while opponents Hartlepool United have won four of their last seven at Victoria Park.

The County Durham club currently sit 18th in League Two and go into tomorrow’s encounter following a 3-1 loss to bottom of the table Newport County.

Padraig Amond has been in fine form this season with ten goals to his name while Nathan Thomas proved a handful in the reverse fixture, netting two goals for Hartlepool in a 2-1 victory in Somerset.


Town’s last victory over Hartlepool came back in 2012.

The Glovers have lost their last three against the Monkey Hangers, all by two goals to one.

Yeovil’s biggest win against the County Durham outfit was a 4-0 win thanks to goals from Gavin Tomlin, Gavin Williams, Dean Bowditch and an own goal from Sam Collins back in 2010.

Overall, the Green and Whites have recorded six out of 18 victories over Hartlepool (D3 L9).


Michael Salisbury (Lancashire) will take charge of his 21st game of the season tomorrow.

Mr. Salisbury has awarded 68 yellow cards and eight red cards so far this campaign and officiated Town’s 4-1 loss to Doncaster Rovers.

The Lancashire-based official will be assisted by Christopher Ward (South Yorkshire) and Barry Gordon (County Durham) with Matthew Dicicco acting as fourth official. 


Darren Way and Tom Eaves’ pre-match interviews can be found on the club’s official YouTube channel here.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account which can be found here, with additional updates available via YTFC's official facebook page.

If you’re unable to attend the game a full match report will follow on at full time with post-match reaction from the gaffer and a member of playing staff following soon after.


Supporters can purchase tickets at the ticket office, online or by phone on 01935 847888.

Advertisement block

Match Reports


4 February 2017

Yeovil Town moved three games unbeaten away from home with a 1-1 draw at Hartlepool United in Sky Bet League Two.

After a stop-start first half the game came to life after the break, with two goals in five minutes.

The lively Padraig Amond headed the hosts in front with an expert header just past the hour-mark, before Town responded immediately. 

Francois Zoko was brought down in the box after an unstoppable run, with former Pools player Matty Dolan converting from the spot.

After equalising the Glovers looked more likely to net a winner with Dolan denied a double by a brilliant save, with Town eventually settling for a share of the spoils. 

Darren Way made one change to the side that claimed three points against second-placed Plymouth Argyle at Huish Park in midweek. 

The suspended Kevin Dawson was replaced by new arrival Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro, which saw Ben Whitfield drop back into the midfield three to accommodate the attacker.

Fellow deadline day signing Owain Jones took a spot amongst the substitutes, whilst Shayon Harrison and Kabongo Tschimanga (who also arrived at the end of the January transfer window) missed out as the unlucky sixth and seventh loans. 

Having travelled the 330 miles to Hartlepool the journey seemed to effect Town who were slow to get going in County Durham. 

Enjoying plenty of the early possession Dave Jones’ side notched the first shot on target, with debutant Louis Rooney firing straight into the arms of Artur Krysiak.

Untested by that effort, Yeovil’s Polish shot-stopper was very nearly beaten by Amond’s attempted lob on the 10-minute mark, but the striker’s shot didn’t dip in time and landed on the roof of the net. 

After a sluggish start the Glovers engineered their first chance of the game, with Alex Lacey heading just wide from a Dolan corner after good work from Whitfield won the set-piece.

Standing strong defensively Way’s side tried to influence proceedings at the other end as the half wore on.

Making his debut, Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro linked up well with Tom Eaves before curling an effort just over the bar, as the front three began to influence proceedings.

Having ridden the early Pools storm, the Glovers were dealt a blow with 32 minutes on the clock when Alex Lacey had to be replaced by Darren Ward after picking up an injury in a fully-committed challenge. 

Despite the defensive alteration Yeovil remained strong at the back, with the referee’s whistle ending a scrappy first-half at Victoria Park. 

After an uninspiring opening 45 minutes the Monkey Hangers produced the game’s best chance three minutes after the restart. 

Andrew Nelson’s positive run ended with a low cross from the by-line, but debutant Louis Rooney’s scooped effort was well-placed for Krysiak to tip over the bar. 

Buoyed by that opportunity the Plymouth loanee went close again minutes later, this time rounding Krysiak from a long-ball over the top before having his goal bound shot blocked brilliantly by the covering Ward with the goal gaping. 

With the seagulls swirling above Victoria Park, Town tested the Pools defence for the first time in the second half just before the hour-mark. 

Whitfield’s positive run from midfield afforded Zoko time on the ball, but Matthew Bates was on hand to head behind the veteran’s curling effort.

After surviving that attempt the home side were soon on the attack once again, this time finding their missing element. 

Nelson’s hung-up cross to the back post sought out Amond, and the striker demonstrated impressive neck muscles to head the ball back where it came from over Krysiak and into the back of the net. 

Determined to make it three games unbeaten away from home, the Glovers immediately found a way back into the game. 

Superb work from Zoko by the corner flag saw him turn Nelson inside-out before rampaging into the box where he was brought down by the wideman. 

Against his hometown club Dolan stepped up and made no mistake from the spot, sending Bartlett the wrong way to level the scores. 

Now end-to-end, Way introduced Owain Jones for his debut as the game ticked towards the final ten minutes in a bid to secure three points. 

With that in mind, Town almost went ahead through Dolan when the midfielder’s free-kick from 25 yards had to be tipped over the bar. 

Yeovil ended the game on the front foot with the hosts enduring a nervy final few minutes, but Town couldn’t test Bartlett again as both sides earned a share of the spoils in the North East.

Hartlepool United: Bartlett; Donnelly, Bates, Harrison, Kavanagh; Featherstone, Walker; Nelson, Amond, Alessandra (Thomas 71’); Rooney.
Bookings: Nelson 90’
Subs not used: Fryer, Martin, Richardson, Hawkins, Smith, Oates. 

Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard, Lacey (Ward 32’), Smith, Dickson; Whitfield, Butcher, Dolan; Akpa Akpro (Jones 79’), Eaves (Sowunmi 65’), Zoko.
Bookings: Shephard 40’
Subs not used: Maddison, James, Mugabi, Goodship.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block