The purpose of the professional development phase lead coach is to oversee the transition of players from the youth development phase into the professional development phase. The role should then prepare players to enter the senior development phase.
The successful candidate will report to the Academy manager.
- To lead the coaching programme of the Under-18 Academy group.
- To ensure the Yeovil Town Academy coaching syllabus is undertaken and adhered throughout all training and match situations in the professional development phase.
- Coordinate the necessary paperwork which relates to the professional development phase e.g. teamsheets and registration forms
- To set high standards of professionalism and demonstrate a high standard of conduct thus providing a good role model for young players.
- To supervise and be responsible for all players in the professional development phase during training and matchdays, ensuring all health and safety checks are endorsed.
- Can communicate with young players aged 16 to 18.
- To fully endorse the club and Academies code of conduct policy, philosophy and culture.
- To be punctual always
- At all times, must be willing to assist with all areas of the Academy.
- Must be willing to be checked by the criminal records bureau and ensure there is no reason why they should not be employed by Yeovil Town Football Club.
- Member of the clubs Academy management team.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary approach across all departments of the Academy.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Possess the minimum UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award or working towards
- Prepare to work for self-advancement
- Must be able to communicate with players aged 16-18 and parents
- Have a sympathetic yet disciplined approach
- Create an exciting, safe and enjoyable environment
- Be enthusiastic
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter for the attention of Kelly Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for all applications is Friday, February 24th. Interviews are likely to take place the week of February 27th.